E. & G.G. Hook Organ, Opus 254- 1859
The organ was originally installed in the Church of the Unity on West Newton Street, Boston, in 1859. After this building was demolished in the 1890s, the organ was moved to Zion Lutheran Church, also on West Newton Street. When this congregation relocated to a new building in the 1950s, the old building was conveyed to All Saints Lutheran Church, which worshipped there until it disbanded in the 1970s. The organ was removed and placed into storage - the building was later renovated and became the Villa Victoria Center for the Arts. In 1982, the organ was moved to its current location at Holy Trinity.
Originally the organ had no casework or facade. Those were added when the organ was moved ca. 1896-98 by Geo. S. Hutchings. The Great to Pedal coupler is on a reversible foot lever that is not original. The Swell to Pedal coupler took the place of the original Great to Pedal drawknob. The organ was removed from its second home in 1979 by the Andover Organ Co. and placed in storage pending finding a home in another Boston-area church. It was removed from storage in Jan. 1982 with restoration and installation continuing through November. The front of the swellbox was fitted with a larger set of expression louvers to replace the originals which were not enlarged when the Swell was expanded to full-compass in 1870 by the original builder in its original home. The organ was dedicated in its new (3rd) home on November 21, 1982 by Stephen E. Long.